Island Dance Academy is proud to offer a dance education that includes fun, creativity, discipline, and respect for all who are involved.
We endeavour to maintain a positive and supportive atmosphere within our dance school. We ask that everyone (students and parents alike) be supportive and encouraging of each other. This includes being kind, courteous and respectful of all students, teachers, staff, and parents inside of the school, as well as outside of the school.
- The first day of class is Monday September 13th, 2021.
- The last of class is Saturday May 14th, 2022.
Tuition / Fee Terms
- 1ST TERM:
Fees are required on or before September 13th, 2021.
First day of 1st term: September 13th, 2021.
Last day of 1st term: November 6th, 2021.
- 2ND TERM:
Fees are required on or before November 7th, 2021.
First day of 2nd term: November 7th, 2021.
Last day of 2nd term: January 15th, 2022.
- 3RD TERM:
Fees are required on or before January 16th, 2022.
First day of 3rd term: January 16th, 2022.
Last day of 3rd term: March 12th, 2022.
- 4TH TERM:
Fees are required on or before March 13th, 2022.
First day of 4th term: March 13th, 2022.
Last day of 4th term: May 14th, 2022.
Refund Policy And Withdrawals
- There are NO REFUNDS. Your payment and registration are an agreement between yourself and Island Dance Academy for a stated period.
- You are advised that you are responsible for the full payment of a term for which you are registered. Invoicing will continue until IDA is notified by email, that the student will not be returning.
- REMEMBRANCE DAY: Thursday, November 11th, 2021.
- THANKSGIVING: Monday, October 11th, 2021.
- CHRISTAMS BREAK: Sunday, December 19th, 2021-Sunday, January 2nd, 2022.
- ISLANDER DAY: Monday, February 21st, 2022.
- MARCH BREAK: Sunday, March 13th, 2022-Sunday, March 20th, 2022.
- GOOD FRIDAY: Classes as usual.
- EASTER MONDAY: Classes as usual.
- IDA YEAR END PERFORMANCES: Sunday, May 8th, 2022. (matinee & evening)
- LAST DAY OF CLASS: May 14th. 2022.
- Please be advised that the schedule is subject to change depending on class enrollment. Classes with insufficient enrollment will be cancelled.
General Studio Policies
- Please be considerate of our facilities and students, we kindly ask you to remove ALL outdoor footwear before entering the waiting area. Dirt, rocks, salt, etc., can be brought in, and subsequently ruins the dance flooring, as well as the dancers clothing and shoes.
- 1 parent/guardian per student is permitted inside the dance school.
- NO gum, food, or drinks other than water permitted in the dance school. This also pertains to siblings and adults not taking classes. If you must eat or drink anything other than water, please leave the school.
- Students and parents are responsible for their belongings. Do not bring valuables into the school or waiting area. IDA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced property.
- No students or parents are to enter either dance studios without the supervision/permission of a teacher.
- All young children must be supervised by a responsible adult. IDA is not responsible for any injuries or for children left unsupervised before or after class.
- Students are expected to follow safe movement practices as outlined by their teacher. No tricks are to be attempted or practiced without the teacher’s supervision/permission.
- Our teachers are here to give your child the best possible training and of course, to act as your child’s supervisor during his or her allotted class time. After the class is complete the instructor has a new group of students to supervise, so we ask that you please be on time when coming to pick your child up from his/her dance class. As well, parents are not to drop students off in their class until the scheduled start time, or until the instructor has indicated that they can come in.
- Be kind to your classmates. Rudeness is unacceptable.
- Be appreciative of corrections and apply them.
- Try your best in every class. If something is challenging, that is okay! You are here to learn and if everything were easy, you would not need your wonderful dance instructors!
- NO food, gum, or drink is permitted inside the dance studios (water is OK)
- Cell phone usage is strictly prohibited during class time. The use of video recording during class time is by permission only.
- IDA is a registered school with both The Royal Academy of dance, RAD, and The Canadian Dance Teacher’s Association, CDTA. Examinations in both syllabi are offered to students that are taking the appropriate class levels and have approval from their teacher. Examinations are not offered every year, only when students are technically prepared are examinations entered.
Missed Classes/Make-Up Policy
- We understand that sometimes circumstances or obligations arise that cause a dance class to be missed. Unfortunately, IDA does not issue refunds or credits for missed classes/absences, vacations, holidays, or illness.
- Make-ups for missed classes are offered when possible and handled on an individual basis.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions, or other unforeseen circumstances, IDA reserves the right to cancel classes.
- In the case of severe weather there will be announcements on Facebook, Instagram, CBC storm centre and 105.5 storm cancellations. Please check these sources before heading to class.
- No refunds will be given for cancelled classes.
- Cost of costumes for our year end performances will vary in price from $30.00-$50.00 per class. Please keep this in mind when registering for more than one class.
- IDA puts on 2 shows in the spring at, The Confederation Centre of the Arts.